Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.         

Eta Gamma Chapter Founded 1951

flashing purple divider



       Eta Gamma Chapter - Central State University - Wilberforce, Ohio - "The Grand and Glorius"

"Friendship is Essential to the Soul"

Turn on PC speakers

Home Fraternity History Chapter History Eta Gamma Lines Eta Gamma 60th Chapter Leadership Chapter News Ques on the Move! On The Yard District Leadership Chapter Pics 1 Chapter Pics 2 Chapter Pics 3 Chapter Pics 4 Chapter Pics 5 Chapter Pics 6 Chapter Pics 7 The Bruhs

Manhood - Scholarship - Perseverance - Uplift


Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. was organized on Friday, November 17, 1911 on the campus of Howard University in Washington, D.C.  The founding members of the fraternity were Frank Coleman, Oscar J. Cooper and Edgar A. Love.  Biology Professor Ernest E. Just served as the first advisor for the fraternity. For more information on the fraternity, please go to:


     "Omega Dear"  

History of Omega Psi Phi

         click on shield

            click on picture


                                      Eta Gamma Chapter History


We will be celebrating our 60th anniversary at the 2011 Homecoming 

The Eta Gamma Chapter of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. was established on October 15, 1951William P. Robinson served as the chapter's first advisor and initiated eight brothers on the charter line of Eta Gamma chapter. To date, 368 men have become members of the fraternity during the chapter's 60-year history on Central State's campus.  Please see chapter history page for more information.




Central State University History   

The institution now known as Central State University originated on March 19, 1887, when the Ohio General Assembly passed an act establishing a Combined Normal and Industrial Department at Wilberforce College which was founded before the Civil War.  Although associated with Wilberforce College, the Department was considered a separate institution with its own Board of Trustee. 

In 1941, the General Assembly expanded the Combined Normal and Industrial Department, which offered two-year courses, into the College of Education and Industrial Arts, which provided a four-year college program.

In 1947, the College of Education and Industrial Arts began operating independently. It continued its programs in teacher education, industrial arts, and business, and began offering a four-year liberal arts program under the name Wilberforce State College.  In 1951, the legislature provided the name Central State College, and in 1965, Central State was granted University status.

CSU Web Site Link: 



 Eta Gamma Chapter

flashing purple divider

Website Team

Bro. Kevin Williams '80

Bro. Brian Turner '84

Bro. Anthony Scruse '86   


Brothers, please forward pictures, events and corrections to: Bro. Brian Turner at 









Eta Gamma Chapter


  "The Grand and Glorious"   

  The Base of the Bloody Triangle

animated blood dripping divider

Hit Counter